Sunday, March 15, 2009

Couples' Baby Shower

Our young marrieds' group from church threw us a couples' baby shower. Emily (holding baby Annie) and her husband Jeremy hosted. Emily also designed the creative "diaper cake" on the counter. Tasha (in pink) prepared the main courses ... spaghetti and tetrazzini. Yum!


While the girls chat, the boys take in some March Madness basketball ... or is Matt sleeping?? Notice the cute clothesline of baby clothes behind the boys.

Emily decorated with duckies and yellow flowers. She used baby bottles as the vases for most of the flowers. Clever!

Our friend Gennie designed a smell-the-baby-food-in-the-diaper game. Needless to say, Matt and I were the biggest losers, only correctly identifying the peas. Oh, well ... a year from now, we'll be seasoned veterans at baby food interpretation! :)


Our friends were very generous. Baby Schleicher got tons of new things, including some books and even a homemade quilt!



1 comment:

Wolf Prints said...

Kim, you are looking beautiful. I'm glad to see the pregnancy is going well. I found your blog through the Gottschalks, and knowing you from having known Jason and Amy, I've been keeping tabs. I hope these last few weeks go smoothly.

PS In these baby shower pics I recognized two of your Bible study friends. Allie and Paul (?) went to RF with me. We weren't great friends but I knew them well enough. Funny to see familiar faces when you least expect it.

-Allison Wolf