Sunday, December 6, 2009

Progressive "Cry It Out"

Kim and I started using "The Ferber Method" on Thursday to help Ian learn to fall asleep unassisted. Many of you know that prior to our using the steps outlined in this book, Kim and I would swaddle Ian anytime he would sleep (including naps). Things are going pretty well so far.
"My arms are free!" Ian now sleeps in a "sleep sack" like this one at night but does not use one of these for naps during the day. It is interesting: we have found Ian sleeping on his stomach about as often as we have found him sleeping on his back or sides since starting this new approach on Thursday.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Totally love letting babes cry it out!!! JK--I guess it's not exactly fun, but it seems to work eventually.
ha ha

Tim and I enjoyed getting your letter today, so I had to check out your blog. Glad you're doing well.
www.kristinrunningon.blogspot.com
Happy Advent! (Tim says hi)