Saturday, April 2, 2011

Bluebonnets and more fun!

We met some friends at Creekside Park (thanks for the suggestion, Kristy!) on Friday. Their bluebonnet meadow had just been opened, and it provided a wonderful backdrop for some if-you're-a-kid-in-Texas-you-have-to-get-these-pictures-every-year photos!
Ian loved the bluebonnets and kept saying "pretty flowers!"

Ian and his great friend, Caleb

Yay!
Cheese!


Ian giving sweet Brooke a hug!!
Caleb, Zane, Ian, and Brooke. Zane's mom, Tanya, is an incredible, professional photographer. She brought some fun props, including confetti eggs. When the older three kiddos found them, they were so intrigued and focused!
I don't know if any of us managed to get a picture with all four kiddos looking at the camera. If anyone did, though, it's Tanya! I can't wait to see how her pics turned out!! :)
I love Caleb's expression with the bunny!

Happy Easter!
the three amigos -- all born within seven weeks of each other! They've spent a lot of time together. :)

The steps on the pavilion were fun for climbing down! It's only recently that Ian is brave enough to not use the handrail.
Ian is always either "driving to Michigan" or "driving to New Mexico" when asked where he's going.
Creekside Park had an awesome playground, too, that we enjoyed after eating our picnic lunch!
What a big boy!

Yesterday at dinner Ian decided he needed to eat his ice cream with a big wooden spoon. (And, yes, that's a "rubber band" (headband) on his head. A new fascination ...


Ian serenaded us with a new favorite song. Can you tell what it is?

And a meal isn't complete without some copy Daddy time!
Ian's ring bearer tux for Uncle Jon and Aunt Chelsea's wedding came in. He was very happy to try it on.
What a handsome little fellow!

Just for giggles, here are a few pictures of Ian's latest random interests ... buttons (and putting them between his toes),

hats and mittens (especially at nap time),
and wooden spoons! :)

1 comment:

Claudia said...

Hey! It's Claudia from Concordia!

I saw a link to your blog on your FB page. What a cute little guy you have. He's adorable!! I cannot believe what a cutie pie you've got.

I, too, am a blogger. I love my blog. Although, I need to catch up, since I'm a month behind. I mainly blog about my two kids, Steven (5 in June) and Natalie (just turned 3).

Thank you for sharing.