Thursday, September 15, 2011

Fun Activities and Big Boy Room

 One of Ian's favorite outdoor activities is seen above (both in the picture and in the video). He asks us to draw various shapes on the ground, and then we give him directions on how to get between the shapes. (like "Can you put your elbow on the square?" or "Can you gallop to the octagon?") He thinks it's the best game ever! I was thinking that maybe I could modify the game by using letters of the alphabet instead of shapes!
 Before I ran to get the camera, Ian was using the tongs to take the puzzle pieces out and put them back in. I told Matt that he's going to LOVE the board game Operation in a few years. :)
 One day this week, Ian asked if we could eat lunch "in the house" (in his play structure). Since the weather has been a little cooler, I thought that was a great idea! He loved peeking over the fence and watching birds go to our neighbors' birdfeeder while he was eating his lunch.
 Ian's big boy room is almost done! Matt put up the light-canceling blinds! They work very well at keeping out the early-morning sunlight coming through the east-facing window.
 We also put up the border (removable and self-stick... it's the best invention ever!!) as well as the vehicle wall clings (also self-stick and removable!!).
 We hung up wall hangings and got his bedding all set!
 Ian loves climbing onto his bed and showing his room to everyone that comes over.
 We moved the furniture from our bedroom up into Ian's room. (Our new bedroom furniture should be delivered within a week, we're guessing! We can't wait!)
All that we still need to do is move over the clothes and items from Ian's nursery into his big boy room and get the bed rail up. This weekend, Ian will spend his first night in his big boy bed! :)

3 comments:

Marcie said...

We're clearly thinking alike! Amelia and I just played shape hopscotch this week, and I was about to blog about it, but you've beat me to it! I love the idea of spreading out the shapes and using different types of actions to get there. I am totally trying that once it gets warmer here (it was 37 degrees out this morning when I took Amelia to preschool; too cold for chalk!) Good luck with Ian's first night in the big boy bed! Amelia adjusted easily; hopefully Ian will do the same.

Wolf Prints said...

Kim, is that new bedding for Ian's big boy room, or stuff you already owned? I've wanted bedding similar to what you have for my own kids, but am struggling to find anything I like, so I was just curious if yours was something you found recently in a store or not. Thanks.

Allison Wolf (friend of Jason and Amy's from Saginaw)

Matt and Kim said...

Marcie, brr! Hope it warms up for you! Yes, Ian did well in his big boy bed the first time but since then has been asking to sleep in his crib again. Hmm ...

Allison, I recently bought the bedding at Bed, Bath, and Beyond with a 20% coupon! It was one of the only non-girly day bed sets I could find! I think it's available on line, too. Hope you can find it! :)