Thursday, January 19, 2012

Sisters' Weekend

I was so excited to have the chance to fly up to Billings, Montana, to spend a weekend with my sister, Amy! We have had one sisters' weekend before this one -- when I was pregnant with Ian, Amy flew down to Houston to help with last-minute preparations in the the nursery, etc. Once Amy and Jason announced that they had twins on the way, I thought about how fun it would be to go see and help her! Thanks to the encouragement from my wonderfully supportive husband, I got to do just that!!

I arrived on Friday afternoon and got to spend the last half-hour of Amy's school day with her and her sweet 4th graders. After some yummy smoothies and a yummy dinner, we started sorting through maternity clothes and playing games.

 

 On Saturday morning, Amy treated me to a fabulous pedicure ...

 ... before we started the process of registering for baby stuff at Target! How fun! We finished up sorting through and organizing her maternity clothes in the afternoon and had time for more games after dinner!
 After church, we headed out on a shopping trip to do more registering (this time at Babies 'R' Us), shop for maternity clothes at Kohl's, and get some yummy yogurt treats at Billings' Best Yogurt!

 People at church and school kept commenting on just how alike we look. :)

The pregnant sisters -- at 22 weeks and 16 weeks.


We finished up the weekend with beginning a blog for Amy & Jason (I think it'll be up & running soon ... after she puts on the finishing touches) and playing some games! What a wonderfully relaxing weekend with my sister and dearest friend ever, Amaloo! We can't wait to meet her & Jason's twins in June!!

Matt did a wonderful job taking care of Ian while I was gone! He planned some fun, special activities and kept the house running smoothly. Ian handled the time away from Momma (first overnights away ever!) beautifully! My sweet husband even had some clever signs and artwork along with some flowers on the counter to welcome me home. Thanks, babe! :)

Since I've gotten back, Ian seems to be very intrigued with my growing belly. The first day back, he put his hand on my big belly and said, "Is this how you always be??"  And tonight before his bathtime, he said, "Momma, you have a big, big belly!" Ha ha! We were thankful that our 23-week appointment with our ob-gyn today went well. We heard the baby's heartbeat (and have felt the baby moving each day, with kicks that are getting progressively harder). We thank God for how smoothly this pregnancy is going!

No comments: