Friday, February 10, 2012

Pillow Houses and Babies

 We had fun one day this week making a "pillow house." We collected most of the pillows we could find in the house, and then Ian wanted to "build the house" on top of Momma and Daddy's bed. It was such a squishy hit that we had to recreate the pillow house multiple times this week.
 We got to spend a lot of time with babies this week! My friend, Sarah, (not pictured) brought over her six-week-old baby, Owen, on Tuesday. Ian was fascinated by Owen! Ian kept asking to hold Owen, and Sarah said that was okay. Owen even fell asleep in Ian's arms! The next day, we baby-sat another friend's 11-month-old, Philip. We took Philip with us to Toddler Time at the library. Ian held Philip on his lap almost the entire story time and kept giving Philip kisses on his head. For a 2 1/2 year old, Ian seems pretty interested in and gentle with babies. We can't wait to see him as a big brother in just a few weeks!
Kim's belly keeps growing as we approach the third trimester! (It looks like I'm still about six weeks bigger than I was while I was pregnant with Ian. Check out this 32-week pic from March 2009.) I'm so thankful to still be feeling good, and so far I haven't had any foot swelling like I did last time. This coming week, we'll go in for another doctor's appointment, including the glucose screen.

1 comment:

amylynn said...

I'm excited to compare tummies with you soon... mine isn't much smaller! :) Ian will be so adorable with your new little one. I'll be excited to see that too!