Saturday, August 25, 2012

A couple of random pics ...

 Matt had the fun idea to have the members of our small group participate in a little contest. We each had to list the 8 countries that we thought would get the most medals in the Olympics. We gave symbolic awards to each medalist: Matt F. (bronze medal - sunscreen), Jonathan (gold medal - popcorn), Julie (silver medal - garlic press).
 Kim has always wanted to try freezer paper stenciling, an idea that her friend Aliceson told her about a while back. It was super easy, and the finished product (for our goddaughter's birthday) turned out nicely. I just printed a design on the computer, cut it out onto freezer paper with an exacto knife, ironed the freezer paper stencil onto the t-shirt, and painted on fabric paint. Voila! A decorated t-shirt. This could certainly get addicting.

3 comments:

Kyle and Ali said...

Your first try turned out perfectly!!! It's WAY addicting, btw! :) :) Prepare to see all kinds of things that need stenciling in the future ;)

Wolf Prints said...

Oh, my goodness. Jon Held! We were classmates at RF together. I had forgotten that he was back in the Houston area. Next time you see him, tell him Matt and Allison Wolf say hello. :)

Marcie said...

I love this idea! Well, actually, I love both of these ideas! I have a friend who does a whole Olympics final fantasy thing where they have to predict medal counts and all kinds of other random things. I always thought it would be fun to do.

And I love how your freezer paper stencil shirt turned out. Was it really fiddly to cut out?