Monday, November 5, 2012

Dear Grandma,

Thank you so much for coming to visit us! Ryan and I loved our time with you. It's too bad that Grandpa couldn't come this time, but we're looking forward to seeing him soon. You made us feel really special during our time together. You're a lot of fun!


Thank you for all of the time that you spent playing with us. It was really fun to jump in bed with you in the mornings and then go play in the toy room together. I think that Momma liked getting a few extra minutes of sleep, too!

Thank you for being up for whatever fun things I thought of. It WAS really fun to read our devotion by flashlight underneath the big blanket.
 Thank you for the fun surprises that you brought for Ryan and me to open each morning. I can't decide if my favorite surprise was the fruit snacks (yum!)...
... or the paint-with-water book.  (That was so cool how the colors seemed to magically appear!)
 Thank you for helping Daddy feel special, too. It meant a lot to him that you attended the pep rally that he helped to coordinate and lead.

 I think Daddy liked that we came to the football game he was supervising, too. I liked that you watch me play in the "big sandbox," and I know that Ryan loved your cuddles.
 



It was a special treat to go out to eat a few times. Thanks for having that great idea! I really liked getting to choose whatever I wanted to eat from the CiCi's Pizza Buffet. It was nice of that worker to give me lots and lots of black olives. Yum!

 It was also really cool to go to McDonald's and get a Happy Meal. The cookies for dessert were especially yummy, and it was fun to get to play in the play place, too!

 One of my favorite things that we did together was go to that special train park. I LOVED watching the trains go around the track while we waited in line.





 When it was finally our turn, I was so excited! I couldn't believe how long the ride lasted and all of the fun things that we got to see on the train ride, like some bridges and buildings.


Next time you come, we'll have to take Grandpa there!

 Eating a picnic lunch at the park was pretty cool, too,
 especially since we got to wave at all of the trains going by.
 Thanks for giving me money to spend at the garage sale. I play with my car transporter and wooden blocks all the time still! It was fun to pick out whatever I wanted. :)


 I really liked when you babysat Ryan and me so Momma and Daddy could go to a fancy dinner auction for Daddy's school. Momma got to get all dressed up in Texas gear that she borrowed from her sweet friend, Jenn, and Daddy got to wear cowboy boots he borrowed from his nice friend, Kyle. I know we had a good time together, and I think Momma and Daddy enjoyed just being the two of them for a while. I don't think they've been out together since Ryan has been born. That was really nice of you!

 Mainly, it was fun just doing our normal, day-to-day stuff with you here! Ryan loved talking and cooing with you.
 I loved showing you how good I'm getting at riding my tricycle.
We got to go on a few walks all together.


You got really good at knowing how to rock Ryan to sleep before naps and bedtime.
 We played with many different kinds of toys and puzzles and giggled and talked a lot.

 I liked making Rice Krispies treats together.


 Thank you for reading me devotions and stories, too.


 It was fun to show you Preschool Time at the library. I liked that I could sit on Momma's lap during the stories, and Ryan liked that he could walk around with you.


 Ryan said he really liked bonding with you,
 .

being read to,

 and being held.
 Thanks for helping us decide what we should wear for Halloween.

 You made both of us feel special, important, and loved. We can't wait to see you again soon! Thanks for coming, Grandma!
We love you!
Love,
Ian

No comments: