Saturday, August 3, 2013

Girls' Night Out

I was so excited to have the chance to go on a Girls' Night Out recently with some friends from small group. After a yummy dinner at Eden Cafe, we went to Merlot to Masterpiece, one of those painting class places. Though I was mainly just excited for a chance to get out of the house for a few hours (especially since it came right after Matt was out of town for 3 days), I was a little skeptical about how I, the non-artist, would do at painting.

Here we are before the painting class started -- Katy, Aliceson, Julie, Martha, Sarah, and me
 The man leading the class, Matt, did a great job of working us through each step little by little and giving us some time to socialize in between.

 Soon, the paintings started to take shape.
 Before I knew it, I was all done.and I don't think it turned out half bad. I was really impressed by the process and am already thinking of who I can take to do another painting class (Mom, Amy, and Sarah ... maybe at Christmas time if they have a place like this in ABQ??). What a relaxing evening out! (The guys went out the next weekend to grab a burger at a steakhouse and play pool and shuffleboard. No photos to show for it, though :)).

1 comment:

amylynn said...

I'm in! Especially with a pro like you to learn from! ;)