Friday, October 10, 2014

Baby Nathan's almost here!

We're getting more and more excited to meet Baby Nathan in just a few weeks! One day this past week, Ryan helped Kim wash and rinse all of our baby toys.  Ryan, always a willing helper, loved this job! (Ian really enjoyed helping wash the toys before Ryan was born, too.)


Matt and Kim have been busy, too. The baby clothes and bottles are washed and put away. A good friend loaned us some newborn/3 month "warm" clothes since Nathan will be born at on opposite season from Ian & Ryan. The nursery is just about set (minus the fact that Ryan is still sleeping in the crib :)).  And, meanwhile, Nathan keeps growing. I feel like I'm just about the same size as I was when I was pregnant with Ryan, but after looking at my 32 week picture, I'm pretty sure that I'm bigger this time around. Whaddya bet that Nathan will be a big baby, too? :)  I'm still having to sit down more often during the day and take a nap most afternoons to ease the pressure/discomfort, but overall, I'm doing well. I'm still able to sleep great every night! :)
On Wednesday of this week, I took Ian to a Big Sibling class at the hospital. A drive that normally takes 25-30 minutes took 90 minutes this particular evening. Ian got a good nap on the way there, and my biggest lesson learned was to plan an alternate route for if I go into labor at that same time of day!

We were late for the class, but we got in on a tour of the family birth center, and the very sweet instructor, Nurse Michelle, gave Ian and another girl a lesson in diapering and swaddling a baby. She also taught other practical things about how to hold and care for a baby (including using a paper towel tube to check if toys are safe for baby or not). Overall, Ian seemed to think the class was okay ...

... but the custard that we got after the class was fantastic! :)

We can't wait to meet you and hold you, Baby Nathan! :)

2 comments:

Dave and Elizabeth said...

YAY for Culver's!

amylynn said...

Other than your baby belly, you're still SO skinny, Rich! You look great! We're excited to meet little Nathan too.