Sunday, January 10, 2010

Epiphany Party

We hosted our 7th annual Epiphany Party last night. Kim and I prepared a turkey and the mashed potatoes for the event, and the 25 other people brought the rest of the wonderful food (and desserts) that we shared. This year we asked our friends to bring items "As Seen on TV" for the white elephant gift exchange. As you can see here, Nate is digging the HD glasses that claim to allow you to view all of life with high definition clarity.
Paul also gave the glasses a try. I thought I even heard Paul say, "So this is what it looks like when I don't have to keep track of my twin boys." [Eli and Micah stayed at home with Grandma and Grandpa].
Young and old were invited to this gathering. Can you tell what is a little mixed up about this particular picture? [Answer: Kyle is holding the standing Brooke, while Brooke's mom holds Kyle's son a few seats away.] We feel blessed to have such wonderful friends here in TX.
Paul shows off the "Heel-tastic" that got stolen a few turns later. Fun times!!

3 comments:

Dave and Elizabeth said...

We will be having our 3rd annual Epiphany party next weekend! (due to a scheduling conflict it is nowhere near Epiphany...oh well!)

Claudia said...

I ran into your link from Christine's page. I hope you don't mind I've stopped by. You're Kim Walquist from Concordia, right? I don't know if you remember me, I'm Claudia Wood nee Smith. I hung out with Katie and Allison. I LOVE your blog and I hope you don't mind I start reading it and catching up.

Matt and Kim said...

Yes, I went to Concordia! I remember you, Claudia! I think it's GREAT you found our blog! Hope you're doing well. :)