Monday, May 20, 2013

I love Pinterest!

I am seriously in love with Pinterest. I get so excited about trying new ideas and looking for new ideas! Here are some of our recent pinterest adventures ...

Ian LOVED testing a variety of kitchen items (flour, sugar, corn starch, sprinkles, meat, etc.) to see what would dissolve and what wouldn't.
We kept track of Ian's findings on our chalkboard so he could tell Daddy about it when he got home!
This spider-web-of-painters'-tape idea looked more fun than it actually was. You had to throw the wadded up newspaper JUST right (hard enough and at the right angle) for it to actually stick to the "spider web." Oh, well.

Painting salt with watercolors was really cool! Ian and his friend Zane loved making pictures with glue, using salt as "glitter," and then painting with salt with colored water (or squirting the salt with a syringe filled with colored water). The only disappointing thing was that most of the salt flaked off as soon as everything dried. At least the process was fun. :)

2 comments:

Kyle and Ali said...

Ok, you have to keep posting these! I know that if Ian likes them, Caleb will probably be a fan too. I've hit a few duds recently with Pinterest so I'm definitely trying these "Kim-approved" activities soon!!

amylynn said...

I'm totally gonna raid your Pinterest files when my little guys get old enough to do these activities. Great finds! Do you sometimes feel like a home-school mom? :)