Friday, June 29, 2012

Interviews with Ian

When Ian turned one, my friend Jenn suggested that I start a "birthday book" for Ian, listing some of his favorites from the year. I thought it was a great idea! Though the first year, I brainstormed his favorite (and least favorite) foods, activities, toys, colors, books, and songs, he could tell me many of these things by his second birthday. I also let him write his "signature" and traced his foot and hand (while recording his current shoe and clothing size).

This year, now that he's even more conversational, I was excited to add to the list of questions. My cousin Marcie posted a fun list of questions on her blog that she was planning to use with her cousin.

It was so much fun "interviewing" Ian. We did it in a few different segments, mainly because Ian was starting to get really silly in the way he was answering my questions. :) The videotaped interviews will be a nice keepsake, and I'm also recording his answers in his birthday book. I'm looking forward to continuing this tradition each year.









Below is another video where Ian spells our last name to the MICKEY MOUSE song tune. (I wish I could post the cute video where he sings our phone number and tells our address, too ... but for obvious privacy reasons, we'll have to show you that one in person. :))









3 comments:

Marcie said...

Hi Kim,
When I try to look at these videos, they all say "This video is private" and it won't let me see them. Interestingly, when I try to look at the videos from the next post (the swimming ones) they work fine. Maybe it's just my computer, but thought you might want to check the settings. Or maybe you've specifically blocked me from seeing them. :)
Marcie

Matt and Kim said...

Thanks for telling me! I had to use YouTube for these longer video clips, and I've just now tried to adjust the privacy settings. Can you see them now?

Dave and Elizabeth said...

He's so three! I was laughing at his silliness because I was thinking of him and Henry together...what a riot they would have! :)